My Future

Summer has arrived, and so has my anxiety about the future.

[This post will be in 2 parts because It's too long.]

    School's over soon, It's summer. My school's a bit longer, sadly. I don't really mind, nor care. I hope I pass the end-of-year exams, then proceed to enjoy the hell that is Egyptian Summer. These days I've been thinking about how I would spend my summer and the school year leading up to November when I'd sit for Cambridge IGCSEs (hopefully) and graduate from this school, although.. It seems far away but it's really only a couple hundred days away and that's scary, but I am used to fear. I will wake up one day and the leaves will be falling, it's suddenly gonna be November. Time will fly faster than I'd notice.

    This "note" or post is mainly about what I think I'll be doing in the future, and what I think will happen in this year. There's a very different number of possibilities that will occur throughout my future, and most of it depends on what happens to me and where I will be living.
 It won't be in an essay format like the other notes

        There's three branches of this

  1. (a) I move to Canada (which could be in a year.) through my relatives. This eventually gives me a Citizenship.
  1. (b) I remain here till I am legal. Highly unlikely tbh
  1. (c) I move elsewhere. Somewhat unlikely, definitely possible.

        branch (a) and branch (b) is what I will be mostly focusing on.

        This is what my general plan is if (b) occurs

    I have always had an interest (and probably at some point, an addiction.) to Computers, I found everything about them very cool. The same thing goes for Mobile Phones, and Video Games, etc. I never really knew what I wanted to be in the future till I was in a room one day playing around with some computer and I was having this "crisis" at that time where I was just looking at "jobs" (not real ones, like, different future careers.) and being scared thinking I'd never fit in any one of them till I saw a "tech careers" sector and got interested, and guess what's next? I got very ambitious and decided to pursue the one that said "Software Engineering" and have been prac--

    just kidding. I literally saw "Software Engineering" and "UX Designer" then thought "huh, cool. maybe one day" and closed the tab. The inspiration set in like 12 months later when I joined Hesychia, an Orthodox Discord Server where I met someone called Seraphim, I loved the bot he made very much and seeing through his blog and bio made me feel inspired and I thought of him as a cool person in general too, so I thought "hm, the software thing I saw a year back wasn't really something with disadvantages and I like computers, maths, and solving problems anyways so.." and now It's been like 6 months and I've accomplished nothing because this school spams me with too much work. Once I finish my IGCSEs in November. I'll have a somewhat unhealthy amount of free time where I can work on this stuff. 

    Once I do finish the course (particularly interested and likely going to be in the OSSU course and the Coursera courses / Zlib PDF books.) which will take about 2-3 years then I'll have roughly comparable knowledge to someone who graduated college in computer science. What's after that is likely for me to either do volunteering work for experience or for the fact that volunteering is nice, and to practice on specific things within the subject itself. This overall doesn't strictly require me to go to a college or uni which is something good given this is all part of branch (b) which if true (hopefully and likely it won't be) then I won't be able to go to college or uni anyways due to my refugee status. I'll post on branch (a) soon when I get the time. I hope branch (a) is true and everything goes well. Please pray for me.


    A picture of two stray cats sharing food. Cats are lovely, I love cats a lot because they're cute and God's lovely creation. Same with dogs, and nearly all other animals really. I had no picture to give in this context so this is just a random picture of two cats sharing food (though it doesn't seem like the ginger one is happy, I'm sure it is.) Credit goes to one of the closest and best people ever to me, Addi !! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking Bad - a review.